Tuesday, July 18, 2006

TABOO'S PRINCE STORY...


Last year after the Grammy's we got invited to Prince's house for some afterparty type ish. and anyone that knows me knows that I'm a huge fan of Prince. at his house they had this jam session going... basically everyone was jamming out. Apll grabbed the mic and started freestyling, so I decided to get the crowd involved by getting the crowd to cheer. I started saying "rock that shit!" and the crowd would say "rock that shit!". then all of a sudden Apll signals to me to get off the mic. he tells me that Prince doesn't want me to be on the mic. I asked why, and he told me that Prince doesn't like people cussing in his house. I felt really bad. Prince is one of my heroes. so I waited till the party was over and talked to him. Prince comes out of his room and says that he wants to talk to me one on one. he sits me down and starts preaching. "you know brother, you're oppressed. that's why you use that foul language. you need to start praying and become one with your spirituality. you need to change, you're oppressed." I'm looking at Prince thinking to myself, "damn, you got songs like Darling Nicky, Sex, Head, all these songs about sex. there's mad cussing in those songs". It's funny... there's this little man telling me not to cuss in his house, and it's crazy because I totally look up to him. Next thing I know Prince grabs my hand and says, "pray with me, I don't want you to use that foul language ever again." I'm like alright. so we sit there and pray for a long ass time. finally it came time for me to leave so I lean over and give Prince a hug and I say, "aight Prince, you're the shit!". and this is just after he gave me the crazy long ass speech about not cussing. he looked at me and laughed, then he walked away. that's my Prince story.

That's just as funny as Charlie Murphy's!

*SGV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»