Monday, June 16, 2008

NOTE TO SELF.

Get a new camera, asshole!

I'm really tired of looking at these washed out Blackberry pics. By the end of this month, I will have an SLR in my hands.

I was bored at work; so, I decided to take photos of the people I tolerated. The restaurant business is mad hectic. The food does not make itself. There is a process.

It starts off with Lani the hostess. She greets the guests and show them to their table. Here's an example of teamwork. Matt is helping Lani with her dress. That's going beyond the best!


These two handsome fellas[Moises and Ronnie] are the cooks. They are prepping the sauces that will accompany the food that will be served throughout the night.



This next guy[Ahmed] is the lead server at Austin's. He may look uptight but he's really not. He entertains the table when that first date is not going so well. He coaxes the guests to have that second bottle of wine for maximum enjoyment. It's an open kitchen... I see everything that goes on in the dining room.


This guy[Matt] makes sure that beverages are never empty or even get to the halfway mark. He speaks to the guests when the lead is busy doing other tasks.


If everything goes smooth in the kitchen, this is the end result.




Bon apetit!


Below is a flattering review of Austin's by Frommers.


-Cinista.

No comments: