Wednesday, April 02, 2008

THE DRAFT HOUSE.

I was up early today taking care of things before the trip to California. I had my car checked and tuned for the long drive. I haven't been to LA in a while; so, it should be a good reunion. From what I know so far alot of the friends are gonna be down. Paul, Texas Kat, Joe, Wicked, and Anthony are going to Glendale Kat's baby shower. I talked to many of my friends already. I asked them if it would be in poor taste if I brought a bottle of Goose to the party to get everyone faded. From what I know of Kat, I don't think she would mind at all. I think she would encourage it. They disagree. I'll feel it out and see if it's kosher.

If you look really close, you can still see snow on the mountains. That means last chance snowboarding!

I finally dropped by the Draft House today for lunch. I sat down and asked the bartender for recommendations on beers. She asked me what beer I usually drank and suggested the Hydrant Red. She stated that it was award-winning and it did not disappoint. It was very similar to Newcastle. If I had to compare the two, then I would choose the Hydrant Red. It was crisp, had a full body and sweet. The second beer I asked for was on the hoppy side. It was their Pale Ale. That too did not disappoint. I would compare that beer to Sierra Nevada without the skunky aftertaste. Quite good. The bartender suggested the burger sliders with the garlic fries. I was hesitant because I saw that they also had filet sliders on the menu. The burgers were acceptable. It had sweet onions in it and complimented the burger well. The fries on the other hand were a big disappointment. Fries rarely get messed up. It's not rocket surgery. Cut potato... deep fry... then season. Seems simple enough. The fries must've been seasoned with raw garlic because it had a strong garlic aftertaste. If you don't know what that tastes like, eat a raw garlic. It is not pleasant.



The verdict.

Great micro-brewed beers!

No comments: