Tuesday, April 15, 2008

RALPH TRESVANT.


Passion is very dangerous. It can lead to crazy all night sex or crazy all night stalking. I've been in these situations before. I have sang outside of a girl's house[unwanted or maybe deep down it was wanted] and I've had a person standing over the foot of my bed[her holding a knife] as I am waking up. I look back at those with no unanswered questions. It's not a mystery that I surround myself with passionate people. Some may call them dramatic people. People hate DRAMA blah blah blah. I DON'T believe that. If people really hated drama then why do so many love these reality shows about just that. I think people hate the drama that is going on in their lives because they don't know how to deal with it. I embrace all of that. I take in all the craziness... mellowness... the good and the bad... All of it.

As I sit here recovering from the weekend all bruised up and drained... I can only smile. It was a crazy one. It started with beer pong and ended with an all night/morning session. My life leads me to the most random things. It can be a quiet night at home or the polar opposite of that.

Everyone around me is slowing down. They have marriage and children in mind. My life leads me to restless weekends. It can get old here in Vegas but with the company of the right people; it's nice.

The next day on my crazy weekend was just that. Crazy! I start the night off having an interesting convo with a soon to be friend/enemy. A frienemy... I pick her up and we have drinks at a local bar in Summerlin. The Roadrunner is a fun place. They have a mini bowling alley. It's tiny! It has only two lanes and the balls/pins are miniature. I usually let girls win at things like that but this night I was feeling very competitive. She brought it out of me. I defeated her with no satisfaction. It was too easy. We continued the competition and played pool. We chatted more and I got to know a little more about her. She is really strong minded and opinionated. Even though some of the things she said were misguided, I still appreciate a girl that can speak her mind. I'm glad she wasn't fake around me like most Vegas girls are. She was already drunk from from the one mind eraser we drank. It's funny when girls SAY that they can drink. Majority of the time, they cannot. I only know one girl that can keep up with me.

We head out to the next venue. The Outside Inn is a cool spot. The first drink is always free for all industry people. That place is a good first stop when partying. We chatted some more about past relationships. I get spacey when I'm buzzed; so, I don't really know what was said. To be honest, I wasn't interested in other dudes she had relations with in the past. Leave the past where it belongs. We had our crappy nachos and bounced.

We end up at the Red Rock for some late night gambling. The place was empty for a Saturday night/Sunday morning. We played this slot machine that made no sense to me. I can never figure out how you win at that particular one. There is no pattern. Not a one I can see anyway.

We lost all our money and was pretty bummed. I couldn't think of anything else to do; so, I headed back to her place to bring her home. I knew she still wanted to hang out because she told me to take a detour to show me a nice view of the city[she had made fun of me earlier when I noted how beautiful the scenery was]. And now she wants to show me stuff? Why do people front?! Hahaha. Okay I'll play along. I suggested that we should watch a DVD. I had just gotten the new Johnny Depp movie. All girls like him; so, it was a no brainer. She invites me to hang out at her place. We tried to watch the movie but just ended up talking all night.

No comments: