Monday, April 21, 2008

LICK THE WRAPPER.


Girls I know have this standard on how a guy should act. In order for a guy to get their attention, they must do one little thing. It's subtle but they look for it. A guy has to open doors for them. They say that when a guy opens a car door for them, it's a good start. I, too, have a standard for how a girl should act around me. I look for a subtle thing that girls do or don't do. This will determine if they are girlfriend material or just another fling. I look for it on the first date. So far, only a few have done it. I am very disappointed in the Las Vegas girl community. I'm not being harsh. It's good manners and many here do not have it. I'm not gonna blame it on age because it's not fair. There is a pattern though. More often than not, it's the younger girls that tend to be like this.

So, me and my coworker Joe go out for a drink last weekend. We get pretty drunk and get really hungry. He's been living in Las Vegas for a while and I ask him where the spots are for good Mexican food late night. He didn't know. That's weak, yo! How long have you been living here??! Anyway, I had to think of a place to go. The only places I know that has good food late night is Filipino food. Gimik was the first place I thought of. They have great sisig. There's also a club going on at the same time. WTF. I'm just there strictly for the food[or maybe I secretly enjoy the company of fobs... lol.] but the guys I was with loved the place! They were Mexican[not that it matters]. They could not believe how many fine girls there were in there. I was eating good Filipino food while club music on bad speakers were blaring in my ear. It's an experience. You haven't eaten Filipino food until you eat it in front of badly dressed girls grinding on each other. HARD. It's like hula dancers at a luau but terrible. Or like belly dancers at a Moroccan restaurant if the dancers had no rhythm. Hahahaha I'm being harsh but the truth is harsh I guess.

I was in LA three weeks ago and I went to some places only available in Cali. One of these places was Pinkberry. There was alot of hype surrounding it but I have to say it did not disappoint. If you want to know what it tastes like, try Red Mango in Las Vegas. It's right next to Undft and Stussy Store.



Another spot we went to was The Boiling Crab in Alhambra. The place is absurdly good. It's a cajun crab, shrimp, and seafood place run by Asians[lol]. It is very rustic. No utensils or plates. It reminds me of the beach when I was young. Just the table, you, and the food. Everytime I talk about the place my mouth waters. I'm getting hungry right now as I am writing this. The surprising thing about it is that it did not serve white rice[being run by Asians]. So, Anton went next door to buy the rice for us. All the customers were staring at our table wondering where it came from. They were jealous! Hahahaha!


Sausages marinated in garlic butter... MmmMMMmmmmm!!




I'm going going back back to Cali Cali.

No comments: