Friday, April 11, 2008

SIMPLE ELEGANCE.

There are literally hundreds of pictures taken from this weekend. Most are random pictures only I will understand. Many are food related[I must've eaten at four different Filipino places]. Alot are iiinteresting and can only be posted for personal use. I haven't uploaded any; so, some will surprise me cause I was drunk when I took them. It was a fun-filled three days. I went all around socal[from LA to Silverlake to Westwood to K-Town to the Valley to West Covina to Hollywood back to LA again]visiting all my friends. I made time for everyone that wanted to see me. I was glad to see everyone that I haven't seen in a long time. I stayed at Paul's house for most of the trip. I always feel like I'm staying at three star hotel because each room has some sort of theme. The guest room had an Egyptian feel to it. The bathrooms had some art printed on papyrus and I'm not sure if the Nefertiti statue was in the room or downstairs. The only thing missing was the chocolate on the pillow.

I also spent time waiting for Joe to get his ass ready. We went to his game on Sunday. I think they won or lost but I really wasn't paying attention. They definitely either won or lost. When we were waiting at his house, Paul found this picture of him when he had hair. Notice the finely detailed raper-mustache he had to compliment the whole look. [L-M-A-O!]

Had lunch with Anne also. She took me to some filipino place that served soup and dumplings. It was just what I needed on a Monday afternoon to get over my hangover. I don't agree with the methods of the dish but the sharkfin was most definitely delicious! I had to steal some of her's while she wasn't looking.

OMFG! Kat's tummy is huge! When I saw her at the shower, I was surprised at how big the stomach was. I thought that she was having twins. She says that they expect the baby to be 6 pounds. I highly doubt that. My guess would be nine. She came over Monday night to bring the bottle of Grey Goose that I accidentally left at her baby shower. I thought I would never see that baby again. The Bottle of Goose I mean. Hahahahha!

I tend to go off on a tangent. I originally wanted to write about simple things tonight. Things that are simple but are amazing. My philosophy on cooking is just that. I want to perfect simple food and keep it great. Like the crostini for example.

To most people it is just bread. But the crostini is much more than that. I made some today for our salads. I don't know if I was just hungry but they came out of the oven perfect. They were golden brown. When I took a bite out of one, it had a crunchy texture and a chewy one at the same time. I can snack on just those anytime. I must've eaten four or five of those things. And I can name a dozen things I can pair the crostini with and all would be suitable for a restaurant menu. Simple but great is my philosophy.

-Cinista.

No comments: